Leading Scientists, Contemplatives, and Changemakers Explore the Path to Sustainable Interconnection with Our Planet
Deep gratitude to all who joined us for the live event “The Mind, the Human-Earth Connection, and Climate Crisis”, June 6 – 11, 2021!
We are now reformatting the content to create an ongoing resource that will be available for purchase soon.
Subscribe to our newsletter to be notified of the launch.
Climate change and its consequences—from deadly forest fires to species loss to sea level rise—are reminders of the urgent need to repair the human-earth ecosystem through holistic, ethically-responsible action.
This six-day speaker series explores the historical and psychological roots of the climate crisis, the deeply-embedded values and belief systems that stand in the way of change, and steps toward repairing how humans relate to each other and the planet.
The series is intended for anyone interested in gaining new insights at the intersection of contemplative wisdom, science, and the climate crisis. It offers plenary talks, panel discussions, and contemplative practice sessions—with recordings, captions, translations, and transcripts available. We are offering two recordings for free: Roshi Joan Halifax on “Integrity and Moral Suffering in Relation to the Climate Catastrophe and Health” and Vandana Shiva on “Earth Democracy.”
- The role of contemplative practice, the arts, and storytelling in nurturing resilience
- The psychological, political, indigenous, and racial realities of the climate crisis
- Interdependence and respect for the more-than-human world
- The science of behavior change
- Mindfulness and public health
- Pathways toward collective action and movement building
Presenters in our 2021 Online Speaker Series include scientists, clinical researchers, contemplative practitioners, scholars, and teachers from a variety of disciplines.
What To Expect:
The Speaker Series offers recordings of:
- 11 plenary talks
- 2 panels discussions
- Daily meditation and contemplative movement sessions tailored to the unique topic of this event
- Unlimited access to recordings of all sessions for six months so you can watch when its convenient for you
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.