Title: Programs Intern
Dates: Academic Year, Summer
Schedule: 10hrs/week during the Academic Year; up to 20hrs/week over Summer
Supervisor: Director of Programs
Mind & Life’s signature programs and events serve as a framework for inquiry in alignment with the evolving priorities and needs of the contemplative studies academic community and the standards of scientific and scholarly rigor. Interns may earn academic credit or a stipend for their service.
The Program Intern will provide support to the Director of Programs during the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the following programs:
- Dialogues with the Dalai Lama: Conversations between His Holiness the Dalai Lama and leading scientists and scholars, addressing critical issues of modern life at the intersection of scientific and contemplative understanding
- Summer Research Institute: A week-long immersive experience designed to foster collaborative research in behavioral science, neuroscience, clinical science and the humanities, based on a process of inquiry, dialogue and collaboration with contemplative practitioners and scholars.
- International Symposium: An academic conference that seeks to encourage and help shape a cohesive interdisciplinary field in which basic and applied science, scholarship, education, the arts, and contemplative traditions collaboratively develop an integrated way of knowing.
- Think Tanks: Mind & Life funded, self-organized collaborative gatherings designed to incubate or advance a particular project area or advance a specific problem within the broad field of the contemplative sciences.
- Work with the Programs Team on a variety of operations to support Mind & Life dialogues, conferences and events;
- Help to organize and standardize document templates and complete administrative tasks such as drafting letters and creating contact lists.;
- Assist with data entry and compiling logistical reports for various programs;
- Support community building and research persons of interest for inclusion in future projects; and
- Communicate with vendors and venues related to program events.
Programs interns will have the opportunity to:
- Contribute to unique and engaging programs and events that are influential in promoting research, scholarship and applications in the interdisciplinary field of contemplative sciences
- Develop database management skills and understanding of infrastructure that supports program management
- Advance writing and communication skills
- Gain experience in nonprofit program development and event planning
- Form professional connections and learn from the dynamic Mind & Life staff and its global community of scholars, scientists and contemplatives
- Explore contemplative practice for personal and professional development
- Excellent organizational and computer skills and attention to detail required
- Experience working in Google Drive platform preferred
- Experience in program/event planning preferred
- Interest in contemplative science/research preferred
- Excellent written communication skills preferred
- Ability to work independently and on collaborative, team based projects
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com using the subject line “Programs Internship”. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis for academic year and summer placements.