Title: Digital Content & Media Intern
Dates: Academic Year, Summer
Schedule: 10-15hrs/week during the Academic Year; up to 20hrs/week over Summer
Supervisor: Director of Digital Strategy
Location: Charlottesville, remote options available
The Digital Content Team is responsible for supporting the organization in creating accessible and engaging digital content to reach a broader, diverse audience in support of our mission.
The Digital Content Intern can expect to support the digital team in all aspects of this work including, but not limited to:
- Assist in media production by reviewing Mind & Life archival footage and identifying material to be used in various projects including social media posts, online events, and courses.
- In coordination with the Digital Media Coordinator, continue to organize and digitally index/reference Mind & Life’s archive of media assets.
- Track the use of digital content across digital platforms and monitor key performance indicators.
- Participate in digital-media asset management (tag content with search terms, video editing).
- Assist with review of archival footage with a lens toward identifying clips that match certain thematic criteria.
- Assist with background research for various Mind & Life digital offerings.
Communications interns will have the opportunity to:
- Develop real-world experience in digital content creation.
- Develop practical skills such as video editing, content management and digital data collection.
- Gain experience working in a nonprofit setting and as a member of a team.
- Form professional connections and learn from the dynamic Mind & Life staff and its global community of scholars, researchers, contemplatives and change makers.
- Explore contemplative practice for personal and professional development.
- Excellent organizational and computer skills and attention to detail required
- Experience working in Google Drive platform preferred
- Experience in digital media, including video editing, preferred
- Interest in contemplative science/research preferred
- Excellent written communication skills required
- Ability to problem-solve, multitask, and work independently
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com using the subject line “Digital Content Internship”. Applications will also be accepted on a rolling basis for academic year and summer placements.