Foundation & Corporate Relations Manager
Reports to: Director of Philanthropy
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Status: Full Time; Exempt
Compensation: Competitive Salary
Benefits Include: Group Health and Dental Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) Plan, Profit Sharing Plan, Optional daily group meditation and Paid Time Off options
The Foundation & Corporate Relations Manager will assist in meeting the Mind & Life Institute’s fundraising goals through support of all areas of philanthropy work, with a primary focus on the management of a well-coordinated, strategic program to cultivate and solicit support from foundations and corporations.
- Strategically researches foundation and corporation grants and opportunities for sponsorship and underwriting for Mind & Life programs and activities. Packages Mind & Life’s existing programs for compelling presentations to funders. Creates opportunities for Mind & Life leadership to engage with funders via in person visits, video calls, and at Mind & Life events. Drafts and edits grant proposals and reports.
- Works closely with Director of Philanthropy to prepare strategy and briefing documents for meetings with foundations and corporations; cultivation events for individuals.
- Stewards relationships with existing donors and plays role in developing effective relationships with new donors. Represents Mind & Life at events and programs.
- As a team member, plays creative role in Mind & Life fundraising email and direct mail campaign activity. Works closely with Philanthropy Associate to generate segmented, targeted lists for appeals and other philanthropy communications.
- Maintains accuracy of tracking systems and databases for corporate and foundation constituents, while maintaining confidentiality of donor information. Prepares regular reports on corporate and foundation programs and major gifts.
- Uses information and research tools available including WealthEngine to identify high propensity donor prospects. Leads donor qualification efforts, including letter generation and phone call and email follow up.
- Provides input to annual fundraising plan with specific targets, goals, and responsibilities.
- Completes other tasks and assignments as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 3+ years of professional experience in development/philanthropy, preferably in a nonprofit organization.
- In-depth experience (2+ years) with Salesforce or similar database required.
- Knowledge of Wealth Engine, wealth intelligence services preferable.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of office technology including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and G Suite. Proficiency with Prezi and other presentation software desired.
- Ability to effectively engage others at all levels and from different backgrounds. Comfortable with public engagement: ability to articulate Mind & Life mission, impact and financial need with prospects and donors.
- Ability to handle confidential materials with discretion. Tremendous attention to detail, organization skills, process management, and goal orientation.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully under pressure, understand and follow policies and procedures, and accommodate change.
- Strong commitment to organizational mission of the Mind & Life Institute.
Occasional travel may be required.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Foundation & Corporate Relations Manager.”
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.