Title: Executive Assistant
Reports to: President
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Status: Full Time; Exempt
Compensation: Competitive Salary
Benefits Include: Group Health and Dental Insurance, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance, 403(b) Plan, Profit Sharing Plan, Optional daily group meditation and Paid Time Off options
Provides high-level day-to-day executive support to the President in executing the duties of
the office. The Executive Assistant keeps the President abreast of current issues as well as
makes judgments and decisions on behalf of the President on a regular basis.
- Reviews daily email and other communications for the President and prepares
responses or response drafts, depending on nature and urgency of the
- Assists the President with prioritization and time management, tracking and
addressing multiple projects and issues at hand.
- Takes initiative to prepare correspondence, reports and presentations.
- Acts as the ‘eyes and ears’ of the President as well as anticipates the needs of the
President of Mind & Life. Handles the pressure and complexities that arise within a
fast-moving, challenging environment.
- Management of the President’s calendar – activities, meetings and travel schedule.
Resolves and/or avoids conflicts to ensure that key deadlines are met.
- Maintains positive working relationships with all Mind & Life colleagues and the
broader Mind & Life community, and serves as a bridge to the President as
- Coordinates Board of Directors and Steering Council meetings as well as other
groups and meetings led by the President. Manages the coordination and creation
of the Board Book.
- Works with the Philanthropy Team as it relates to the President’s responsibilities
- Completes other tasks and assignments as requested by the President.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years previous on-the-job experience at the level of executive
assistant for senior management, C-Suite preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of office technology including MS Office Suite
(Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and G Suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all members of the Mind & Life staff,
constituency, and the public, and maintain good collegial relationships and a team-
- Ability to be alert to issues within the broader Mind & Life community and be able to
communicate personably and concisely with discretion and poise at all times,
especially when handling difficult or sensitive issues.
- Ability to think quickly and be a good listener who is able to grasp another’s
perspective quickly and without judgment.
- Take initiative and anticipate the needs of the President.
- Ability to effectively manage day-to-day projects and tasks and prioritize
assignments. Has a successful track record in setting priorities with keen analytic,
organizational, and problem solving skills to support and enable sound decision
making. A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced
- Attention to detail is imperative as errors can directly negatively impact the
President and organization.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality. Embodies personal qualities of integrity and
- Strong commitment to organizational mission of the Mind & Life Institute.
- Occasional travel will be required.
- Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com using the subject line “Executive Assistant.”
We aim to maximize the benefits of diversity and to use diversity as a tool for enriching
our organization and the field of contemplative research. We welcome candidates of all
races, classes, genders, ages, religions, physical abilities, and sexual orientations.
Applications will be accepted through November 29, 2019.