Director of Strategic Digital Communications
Title: Director of Strategic Digital Communications
Reports to: President
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Status: Full-Time; Exempt
Benefits Include: Health & Dental Insurance covered at 100% for employee and 50% for dependents, 403(b) Retirement Plan, Profit Sharing Plan with 5% employer contribution, Professional Development, Paid & Retreat Time Off, Daily Group Meditation in dedicated contemplative space.
The Director of Strategic Digital Communications is a member of the senior leadership team of the Mind & Life Institute (Mind & Life) and leads a team by setting strategic direction, planning, developing, implementing, distributing and managing the digital content for all Mind & Life digital platforms. The ideal candidate will be a strong and proven leader who inspires others, building our creative and digital strategy to a new level as we grow our organization with current and new audiences.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create communications and content strategies that effectively reach target audiences and achieve the desired impact set forth by our mission, with a particular focus on our robust digital assets, archive and channels.
- Work with other Mind & Life leaders to ensure digital strategies are integrated with both Mind & Life’s overall institutional and stakeholder communications strategies as well as revenue generating opportunities.
- Bring extensive digital insights and expertise to these strategies, including an understanding of how to determine audience profiles, motivations, needs, and digital content consumption habits in order to inform strategies and tactics.
- Establish and manage new partnerships and distribution networks for initiatives that lie outside of Mind & Life’s own digital channels.
- Direct the production of innovative content that translates complex, nuanced concepts and academic research into compelling and inspiring user-centric materials and digital experiences for our audiences.
- Manage Strategic Digital Communications team, which currently includes three staff as well as third party contractors.
- Oversee MLI digital outreach channels and platforms, such as the production and pilot of a new podcast series, film products, and other digital storytelling. Develop and hone messaging and positioning, inspiring the team by taking creative output to a new level while bringing efficiency and discipline to digital content.
- Bachelor’s degree in digital technology or similar field.
- 5+ years in leading successful digital content efforts, 10-12 total years in digital content production.
- Energetic, charismatic, innovative, and organized leader.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to represent the organization’s interests to a wide spectrum of constituent groups.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Substantial experience strategizing, developing and implementing digital programs, including podcasts, video, websites and other online content from concept through delivery.
- Able to build and maintain effective, high performing team with strong morale.
- Actively contribute to an environment that encourages diversity, equity, and inclusion. Must have command of cultural sensitivity and must value and embrace cultural, political, and social differences.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Mind & Life.
- Mind & Life is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion, and following best practices to support a thriving organization with a diversity of perspectives. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- We strive to create a healthy and respectful work environment. Additional employee benefits include remote work day once per week, subsidized parking at our downtown pedestrian mall location, monthly staff lunches, and bi-monthly chair massage.
- Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com using the subject line “Director of Strategic Digital Communications.”
We aim to maximize the benefits of diversity and to use diversity as a tool for enriching our organization and the field of contemplative research. We welcome candidates of all races, classes, genders, ages, religions, physical abilities, and sexual orientations.
Applications will be accepted through February 1, 2020.