Title: Communications Intern
Dates: Academic Year, Summer
Schedule: 10hrs/week during the Academic Year; up to 20hrs/week over Summer
Supervisor: Director of Communications
The Communications Team plays an essential role in taking the work of the Mind & Life Institute and bringing it to life in a visible, tangible and accessible way for the organization’s stakeholders. In keeping with Mind & Life’s commitment to excellence and transparency, the Communications Team is responsible for creating the public face of the organization to effectively highlight and promote all programs and events, and is the driving force behind public correspondence and publications. Interns may earn academic credit or a stipend for their service.
The Communications Intern can expect to support the Communications Team in all aspects of this work including, but not limited to:
- Writing for publications, media and public correspondence;
- Design of print and web-based materials to support all Mind & Life activities;
- Media production including video editing/archiving;
- Social media research, content and posting;
- Maintaining Mind & Life web presence;
- Build social media presence (research, image selection, writing).
- Participate in digital-media asset management (tag content with search terms, video editing).
- Interview Mind & Life community members and write general-interest articles.
- Assist with maintenance of Mind & Life website.
- Assist with graphic design (print and online).
Communications interns will have the opportunity to:
- Develop real-world experience in marketing campaign development and rollout.
- Engage in hands-on media production education.
- Advance writing and communication skills for marketing.
- Gain experience working in a nonprofit setting and as a member of a team.
- Form professional connections and learn from the dynamic Mind & Life staff and its global community of scholars, scientists and contemplatives.
- Explore contemplative practice for personal and professional development.
- Excellent organizational and computer skills and attention to detail required
- Experience working in Google Drive platform preferred
- Experience in digital media preferred
- Interest in contemplative science/research preferred
- Excellent written communication skills required
- Ability to problem-solve, multitask, and work independently
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com using the subject line “Communications Internship”. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis for academic year and summer placements.