Title: Administrative Associate
Reports to: Director of Administration & Finance
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Status: Part-Time; Non-Exempt (24 hr/week)
Provides administrative support in the areas of office administration, HR and workplace culture.
- Serve as office receptionist for incoming calls, visitors and incoming and outgoing mail as well as managing general email inquiries.
- Ensure office is well maintained including properly equipped with office and kitchen supplies.
- Act as a key driver to create and promote an office culture that supports a positive team environment. Reflective, inclusive and respectful – imbued with a sense of fun and camaraderie.
- Support HR function by assisting in hiring process for all staff positions including internship program with local universities and colleges.
- Administrative support for program logistics in peak event times including creating name tags and faculty itineraries, event volunteer oversight, end of event wrap up, and other event logistical support.
- 2-year Associates Degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Previous on-the-job experience at an administrative support level.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of office technology including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and G Suite.
- Able to think quickly and effectively manage day-to-day projects and tasks; prioritize assignments. A successful track record in setting priorities with strong organization and problem-solving skills that support sound decision-making.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all members of the Mind & Life staff, MLI community, and the public, and maintain good collegial relationships and a team-oriented environment.
- Strong commitment to organizational mission of the Mind & Life Institute.
- 24 hours per week. Desire to seek a flexible schedule that is workable for both the candidate and the organization between 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday.
- Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Administrative Associate.”
We aim to maximize the benefits of diversity and to use diversity as a tool for enriching our organization and the field of contemplative research. We welcome candidates of all races, classes, genders, ages, religions, physical abilities, and sexual orientations.
Applications will be accepted through December 20, 2019.