Title: Accounting Intern
Dates: Academic Year, Summer
Schedule: 10hrs/week during the Academic Year; up to 20hrs/week over Summer
Supervisor: Director of Administration and Finance
The Accounting Intern will support the work Director of Administration and Finance who oversees the internal finances and human resource tasks of an organization. They work to ensure proper functioning of all financial administration and financial processes, including accounting recordkeeping, financial reporting, budgeting, payroll and benefits and other internal processes. Interns may earn academic credit or a stipend for their service.
- Process accounts payable and cash receipts in Quickbooks accounting system.
- Assist in monthly financial reporting package to management.
- Assist in preparing financial grant reports to funders on a periodic basis.
- Maintain organized and accurate digitial accounting records.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts such as cash and prepaid expenses and accrued liabilities on a monthly basis.
Accounting interns will have the opportunity to:
- Gain an understanding of real world application of accounting principles and systems.
- Gain an understanding of organizational budgeting process and reporting of actual versus budget along with variance analysis.
- Advance writing and communication skills.
- Gain experience working in a nonprofit setting and as a member of a team.
- Form professional connections and learn from the dynamic Mind & Life staff and its global community of scholars, scientists and contemplatives.
- Explore contemplative practice for personal and professional development.
- Excellent organizational and computer skills and attention to detail required
- Experience working in tax and accounting applications preferred
- Excellent written communication skills required
- Ability to problem-solve, multitask, and work independently
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Accounting Internship”. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis for academic year and summer placements.