Open Position at Mind and Life:
Program Operations Manager
The Program Operations Manager is a full-time position at our office in Hadley, Massachusetts. The primary responsibility of this position is the planning, coordination, implementation, completion and evaluation of Mind and Life programs and events. This person works directly with all involved in the planning and execution of events including presenters, participants, vendors and MLI staff. The duties and tasks include acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. This position reports to the Senior Operations Officer.
- Coordinate multiple programs and events from initial concept through post evaluation and the archiving process.
- Assist in the development of program and event budgets, monitor and document all expenditures, and communicate budgetary changes in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the Senior Operations Officer and program content staff to ensure that all programming logistics are coordinated.
- Work closely with program and event planning committees to refine and finalize the themes, agendas, speakers, content and participants.
- Work closely with the communications team on the development of the program’s print and web communications.
- Develop and maintain detailed, clear and efficient spreadsheets and event tracking materials that allow transparency to the planning process. Including but not limited to detailed schedules, invitations, guest tracking, rooming lists, catering plans, etc.
- Communicate effectively with the presenters, participants, vendors, and sponsors for events, including travel logistics, presentation requirements and materials necessary for the program book. Identify needs and effectively create solutions as needed.
- Prepare agendas for all program planning calls and meetings, take notes and distribute minutes of these meetings after they have occurred.
- Set, communicate and maintain clear task action lists and timelines.
- Provide on-site event management as needed.
- Travel to MLI programs as needed, including potential international travel.
- Maintain flexibility and composure in the face of changes large or small.
- Other program-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Solid ability to organize and manage multiple programs simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including time/stress management skills.
- Proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to develop effective interpersonal relationships and provide warm and consistent customer service.
- Expert ability to exercise a high level of diplomacy, discretion and collaboration with all levels of interpersonal relationships.
- Responsive to and respectful of a diverse range of cultural sensitivities.
- Adaptability to changing priorities, adept at in-the-moment problem solving and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Minimum of five years of experience working as a program manager, event coordinator or comparable experience.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google Applications, particularly Excel.
- Expert knowledge of general office procedures, protocol and professionalism.
- Ability to handle sensitive information discretely and maintain confidentiality.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required.
- Background or practical understanding of meditative/contemplative traditions or science is desired but not required.
The Mind & Life Institute strongly supports workplace diversity. Candidates of all races, genders, ages, religions, and sexual orientations are encouraged to apply.
Our competitive salary and benefits package include:
Annual salary of $35,000-$45,000 (commensurate with experience)
Medical & Dental Insurance
Paid Holidays and Vacation
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Heather Lee Lohr
Senior Operations Officer
The deadline for applications is April 29, 2013