Open Position at the Mind & Life Institute:
The Development Operations Associate is an essential member of the Development team that will assist in meeting Mind and Life’s fundraising goals by providing critical operational support, grant process assistance and innovative technical support to all development and outreach activities; is an enthusiastic Mind and Life representative in all constituent relations and works as an integral member of the Mind and Life team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review all donor transactions and donor profiles to accurately import the data into Common Ground database.
- Works collaboratively with others to perform data entry and changes to donor records as appropriate in a timely and accurate manner. This includes processing of all individual, foundation, business and grant contributions.
- Assist in tracking all Mind and Life prospects, grant funders and donors through Common Ground Database; including actions, proposals, and overall movement. Generate regular reports tracking solicitation progress and results.
- Support all Mind and Life fundraising campaign activity by coordinating the production of electronic appeals and other relevant communication tools. Work closely with webmaster to maintain development website pages and social media messaging.
- Adheres to consistent processing guidelines and balances work load to ensure timely/quality entry of gifts.
- Provides monthly fundraising progress reports to the President and Director of Operations and Advancement.
- Maintains grant reporting calendar; supports Director of Operations and Advancement and Controller with regular grant reporting and applications to foundations.
- Coordinates with Director of Operations and Advancement regarding designation of gifts to proper funds, appeals, campaigns and any other giving areas.
- Reviews and adjusts processes as necessary to ensure efficiency and accuracy as well as an appropriate level of checks and balances. Works with the Director of Operations and Advancement and Technical Support Coordinator to test new processes and to cleanup results of inconsistent processes.
- Coordinates with Controller monthly reconciliations between Common Ground and QuickBooks.
- Works closely with other Mind and Life team members to generate quality donor lists for appeals and other communications.
- Maintains high level of understanding of Common Ground Database and how it best supports fundraising in alignment with the Mind and Life mission.
- Identifies and recommends policy improvements to increase data accuracy and maximize the value of the data.
- Performs other duties, as required.
Qualifications and Expectations:
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5 years development experience.
- Excellent writing, analytical and verbal skills.
- Must be a professional, confidential, honest and reliable person. Must have an even disposition with a poised confidence and have the ability to deal effectively and politely with people from all backgrounds. Must have definite capability to evaluate problems accurately and display good, sound, and confidential judgment with excellent diplomatic skills.
- Ability to handle confidential materials with discretion. This position requires tremendous attention to detail, organization, process management, and goal orientation.
- Must be able to prioritize work and to work independently and productively in a team. Must display evidence of the analytic and research skills to gather and determine essential data from a variety of sources.
- Solid computer skills in a PC or Apple environment with the capability to master new software applications and technologies in database management. Good skills in the functional use of Excel, Powerpoint and Microsoft word. Knowledge of Common Ground databases a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully under pressure, manage multiple projects and deadlines, understand and follow policies and procedures, and accommodate change.
- Must be willing to work extra hours during peak periods, including occasional evenings and weekends. Attend and staff various internal and outside events as part of Mind and Life Team.
- Flexibility, willingness to meet unexpected demands. Comfortable with public engagement and sense of humor.
The Mind & Life Institute strongly supports workplace diversity. Candidates of all races, genders, ages, religious, or sexual orientations are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our competitive salary and benefits package include:
Annual salary of $45,000 – $55,000 (commensurate with experience)
Medical & Dental Insurance
403B and profit sharing
Pre-Tax Accounts for Health & Dependent Care
Paid Holidays and Vacation
To apply, please submit the following materials to contact listed below:
- Cover Letter
- 3 or more professional references
Director of Operations and Advancement
The deadline for applications is October 10th, 2012. (updated)
Download as a PDF